Home » MBA Student Life » Spotlight on the Association of Trulaske Businesswomen

Spotlight on the Association of Trulaske Businesswomen

DOWNLOAD OUR VIEWBOOK

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG

Blog Topics

March is Women’s History Month, so the Crosby MBA program reached out to student Brittnea Collins, president of the Association of Trulaske Businesswomen, to find out more about the organization and what kind of experience it offers its members.

Brittnea Collins graduated with an MBA in December 2013. During her time in the program, she thoroughly enjoyed the many organizations offered by the Trulaske College of Business.  She noticed, however, that no organization focused on the special challenges faced by women (and men!) at work nor the demands of personal lives that can affect their careers.

With the encouragement and support of Drs. Schnatterly and Marinova, I started the Association of Trulaske Businesswomen (ATB) in the spring semester of 2012, currently serving as its president. ATB is a group that focuses on women in business  more specifically, on identifying and exploring the unique perspectives and experiences that women face in the business world. A consistent theme of our meetings is examining how social structures affect the ways women and men interact in professional environments.

We typically meet twice a month, and everyone is encouraged to come. We often host speakers to lead discussion-oriented sessions: Recently we invited Paula Elias and Kerri Yost, founders of the Citizen Jane Film Festival, to speak about women’s representation in media. Some members also participated in a Women in Leadership Day that featured female representatives from Boeing to address the need for women in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).

ATB provides an extremely useful and important forum for anyone, whether she  or he  is a business student, working professional, and/or anyone else. Additionally, the organization includes a time during every meeting in which members share personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences about these issues. This allows us to learn from the perspectives of those different from us and establish common ground.

If you are a current student in the Trulaske College of Business and are interested in learning more about the Association of Trulaske Businesswomen, contact the group through its Facebook page.

44 Comments

1. Bayan Pijama says:

This article made me think of doing crosby mba programme. Thank you for the details.

2. insurance says:

After looking into a few of the blog posts on your web page, I really like your way of blogging.
    I book-marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back in the near future.
    Take a look at my website as well and let me know
    how you feel.

3. Hello I need to know more about Association of Trulaske Businesswomen.

4. Bang Taqwim says:

Thank you very much, your article is Very Important for Me 😉

nice article ,i will bookmark this article!

5. affan says:

Nice and thank you very much for the info, good luck

6. This is important. Such association play a very important role in empowering women and to provide them with more freedom and authority.

7. Her article is very nice and and inspiration for me who have read this article .

8. Cream sari says:

Nice post..thanks for information

9. Kopi says:

this interesting,,,

10. Thank you for the post.

11. Miguel says:

Very well, more posts! pls

12. They are very good opportunities for women, hopefully these opportunities multiply.

13. denizli says:

An article has been useful thanks

14. great blog, I love those type of article

15. James Martin says:

This post try to focus on the issues that is very much in the world. She as woman face lot of problems and the author points out these and through post tries to overcome such problems. We should support such post and should reach everywhere

16. Ricky Ballot says:

Its a great initiative for women. Its a nice post mainly focused on women and a good prospect for students.

17. It is very great to visit this kind of article, as it shows perfect knowledge.

18. Pascal says:

This is a very nice and inspiring blog. Thanks for sharing this post!

19. websignal.ro says:

Nice ! Its a great initiative. In Romania we have government programs to encourage women to do business.
    Have a nice day

20. casablanca says:

votre remaque est interessante

21. Really admire your work, Brittnea! Keep up the good work..

I’m also a women running my own business from home. Post like this always encourages me.

Thank you!

22. Interesting read, thank you for posting the article, You have a wonderful blog! Keep it up!
    http://www.YourWisconsinLender.com

23. Its a great initiative. I wonder if you accept men. In my town/village the most appealing business group in terms of flexibility and format was a women”s business group, which I joined as a male and found very useful.

24. Sean says:

Thanks for the article. This demonstrates the power of programs like the crosby mba. Awesome!

25. nice post
    I always like this type of blog

26. Kobieta says:

Nice – I”m also a Businesswomen :)

27. Dian Hartono says:

Thank you for all the news

28. Jon says:

Hello,
    I really like what you are doing with ATB. Very forward thinking. As a male this makes me want to target Crosby MBA Program for my future MBA.

Thanks for the article.

29. Sara Moore says:

Hi I am a current student of the Business School and am interested in learning more about this association!

• mbablog says:

Hi Sara,

ATB is dedicated to teaching our members how to support themselves and their peers in the workplace. As a relatively new group, we ask our members what they would most like to learn and experience in our meetings. This year, we have special meetings set up with the Chief Ethics Officer of Wal-Mart as well as one of the managing editors at Bloomberg News. In addition, we are hosting a panel of recent alumnae to answer our questions about networking, interviews, and resumes in preparation for the career fair. One of our goals this year is to raise money to help entrepreneurs through Kiva.org as well as become more involved in the Columbia community through women”s interest events such as Citizen Jane Film Festival. If you”re interested in more information about meeting times or other activities, please email atbmizzou@gmail.com.

30. jennysmith says:

Nice blog.. iam also interested to know about Association ofTrulaske Businesswomen…

31. ved prakash says:

nice post
    I always like this type of blog

32. sakshi says:

yes, i am interested to know more about Association of Trulaske Businesswomen.

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *